Re: Canada wants Lanka, LTTE to ‘build’ on Geneva II Wednesday, Nov 8 2006
Date: 2006/11/08 @ 01:26 pm [GMT -5]
Dear Hon. Deepak Obhrai:
First of all, I would like to thank you for raising up the conflicts in Sri Lanka between Tamils and Sinhalese. I read an article about your statement in the House of Commons at Canada wants Lanka, LTTE to ‘build’ on Geneva II
Moreover, I also feel that you have not addressed the reality of the issue. Here are some points to ponder.
- After the Canada and EU ban, Sinhala government started to increase the extrajudicial killings and offensives against Tamils.
EU Tiger ban criticised [BBC Sinhala]
- The SLMM very clearly stated that Sri Lankan government violated the CFA.
A9 closure a ‘CFA violation’ [BBC Sinhala]
- Sri Lankan Government even killed NGOs
Sri Lanka: three months after the Massacre of Muttur, Action Against Hunger remains mobilised [Reuters]
- It is crystal clear that Sri Lankan government is state terrorist because it bomb schools, hospitals, and other civilian places.
Air strike on Sri Lanka orphanage kills 61 schoolgirls [The New Zealand Herald]
Canadian Tamils feel marginalized and muzzled [The Toronto Star]
Lanka army ‘kills 45 civilians’ [BBC]
A Tattered Ceasefire and State Terrorism in Sri Lanka [CCN Matthews]
Sri Lankan government justifies the massacre of school students [World Socialist Web Site]
- Srilankan state rejected all the previously reached agreements
Sri Lanka Government again refuses monitors access to North [Lanka News Papers]
- Failed to implement none of the agreements including P-TOM that is for Tsunami rehabilitation.
The problem is implementation, not talks [Siber News]
- Sri Lanka is a Sinhala state terrorists
Lankan inquiry of no use says former SLMM Chief [Lanka News Papers]
Military threatens Reuters journalist [BBC]
Hey ! U Meditate to win the War ? [LankaENews]
Ignoring UN treaty ‘unprecedented’ [BBC Sinhala]
Pandemonium at Colombo peace rally [TamilNet]
Sri Lanka’s state-owned television censors drama series [World Socialist Web Site]
Tsunami aid paid two days before Tsunami [LankaENews]
Muslim protesters shot at, dozens injured [Tamil Editors]
Sri Lankan civilians found dead [BBC]
Sri Lankan government rejects LTTE proposal to end fighting [World Socialist Web Site]
- Here is what other news medias telling about the need for Tamil-Self Governance
Asia’s unending war [Boston Globe]
Don’t provoke Tigers [Toronto SUN]
Some say terror label prolongs Sri Lanka war [Straight]
Please try to understand the depth of the Tamil struggle, and don’t try to view it as a terrorist problem and apply “war on terrorism” solution. “Sinhala state terrorism” is the root cause of the problem, and still it is a problem. I have posted this letter in my blog at Canada wants Lanka, LTTE to ‘build’ on Geneva II